Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Motherhood update...... WOW!!!!!



All is well, Im really enjoying being a mom it is the most rewarding things I have ever done in my life, And I know it's rewarding now I can't imagine in all the years to come. it's funny, yesterday I was showing little miss M some flash card and she seemed to be looking right at them making faces. I hope she was soaking them all in, I told my friend what I was doing and she said I was a Nut!!! and I said hey it cant hurt, so little by little shes learning all the colors and shapes I don't think is to young to start. I feel really bad when shes just sitting next to me and gazing off into I don't know where it gets me worried a little with all the things that I read about Autism. she looks into my eyes which a good sign but all else you start to question.....
It's so scary being a parent you just want your child to be ok and all you do is worry and Im not the worrying type but these day I seem to be. Its all so crazy.

On the knitting front. I bought a new book it's called ITTY BITTY HATS from Susan B. Anderson It's got the best little and creative hats on the planet. Im on my next hat its pink and on the top of the hat will be white petals like an upside down flower it's the cutiest little thing. I will leave you a picture of the Little one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable pictures of little miss M. I like her lil' nubbin' chin and chubby cheeks.

Devon said...

I am so glad you are loving motherhood! It is pretty awesome, it changes all the time, but always good! The flash cards cracked me up! But my neighbor taught her baby sign language and before the tot could speak he would give the sign for juice, milk, up (as in pick me up), sleepy, etc... It seemed to help his frustration and crying because he could communicate so young. She did it by saying juice, giving the sign and then giving the cup or bottle. It was just repetition and he got it, I wished I knew about this when mine were babies... might be fun to try!

Glad you are able to knit! I just started toe up socks knit together on two circulars, I need to blog a pic of this soon! Take care!

Anonymous said...

OMG, she's ADORABLE!! I want to squeeeeze her!

Erica said...

Don't worry about the staring off into space, hon. She's just soaking in her surroundings, experiencing this world that's still so new to her.

Is it me, or does she SO look like your hubby when she has that hat on?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!
She is absolutly prescious!

Miss you and hope all is well!!!

Jen

wendy said...

We do a lot of stuff(flash cards, sign langauge, etc) like that here too. I also like using fine art postcards instead of the stuff they have at the stores to show my wee ones for mobles/books to look at. It makes a differnce. The only problem is Mia will get too smart for school.lol. Then you might have to homeschool like us. Heee Heee

Anonymous said...

she is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations! I haven't been here for a while and look what's happened in my absence. :)